We receive the Scriptures as the inspired Word of God and as the sole authority in matters of faith and practice. Its understanding of Christian truth as therein contained is expressed by the following declaration of faith.
1. We believe that the Bible is God’s Word, that it was written by men divinely inspired, and that it is the supreme, infallible authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. We believe in God the Father, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, measure-less in power. We rejoice that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of humanity; that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
3. We believe in Jesus Christ, the eternal and only begotten Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, sinless in His life, making atonement for the sins of the world by His death and shed blood on Calvary’s cross. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension, and visible return to the world according to His promise.
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from God to convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and comfort those who believe in Jesus Christ.
5. We believe in the five-fold ministry: Apostles, Pastors, Prophets, Teachers and Evangelist in order to equip God’s people to do His work and build up the church, the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-12).
6. We believe that all humanity by nature and by choice are sinners, but that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. We believe, therefore, that those who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior will rejoice in God’s presence forever, and that those who refuse to accept Christ as Lord and Savior will be forever separated from God.
7. We believe in the Church, a living spiritual body of which Christ is the head, and of which all regenerated people are members. We believe that the local church is a company of believers in Jesus Christ, who have been immersed upon credible confession of faith, and who associate for worship, work, and fellowship.
8. We believe that every human being is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith; that each church is independent and autonomous and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority.
9. We believe every person in this world is called to make a difference.
10. We believe God sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, into the world as a living and loving sacrifice to restore all persons to a right relationship with Him.
11. We believe the human mind finds the vastness of God’s love incomprehensible, yet even the soul of a little child can understand and experience His love and His presence.
12. We believe God created every person in His image, full of possibilities and endowed with unique gifts and a place in Creation a place no other person was created to fill.
13. We believe the only way to complete fulfillment; now and throughout Eternity is through the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
14. We believe the highest honor of a person’s life is to be called a Christian, that the Christian’s supreme obligation is to be available to God and that the greatest gift one person can bestow upon another is the Gospel message of salvation. Our fundamental belief system embraces three basic principles:
1. We believe God sent his Son Jesus Christ into the world because of His love for people and His desire to save us from sin. 2. We believe God alone fulfills because of His love. 3. We believe you and I must share the Good News of the Gospel because of God’s redeeming love.
All Rights Reserved | New Elizabeth AME Church | Pencader Corporate Center I 250 Corporate Blvd | Newark, DE 19702 | 302.368.2200 Site by P I Solutions